About Me

My photo
My superhero powers include making adorable, little people and savings lots of money at the grocery store. ♥ Mommy to Lily (03.30.2007) ♥ Mommy to Navy (02.05.2011) ♥

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lily's Little ER Visit


I know a lot of people want to know what happened when Lily went to the emergency room on Thursday, so here it is.

PLEASE NOTE : My decision to take Lily to a physician for the problems we've been experiencing to NOT up for discussion. It was very difficult for me, and I want to get this taken care of before it gets completely out of hand.

Lily started a new medication on Tuesday night. She was fine. Wednesday was okay, too. Thursday around lunch, she was sticking out her tongue. Thurdsay evening, she was drooling. To the point that she wasn't able to eat her dinner. She was crying.

I didn't think much of it and got her ready for bed. She kept crying, so went I went to her room to check on her, she was drooling and could only whisper. When I asked her a question, she started crying and whispered, "I can't talk."

That's when I noticed only the left side of her face was moving. When she smiled, only the left side smiled. Think about when you do to the dentist and get novacaine. That's pretty much how she looked.

I called the nurse and told her what Lily was on and the sypmtoms she was having. She told me that it sounded like an adverse reaction to the medication, so I quickly packed a bag (just in case we had to stay) and headed to the hospital.

In the ER, after Lily was assetted, I was told that she had a dystonic reaction. The reaction was starting to wear off. She was also incredibly sleepy because it was way past her usual bed time.

We go back to the doctor on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment