About Me

My photo
My superhero powers include making adorable, little people and savings lots of money at the grocery store. ♥ Mommy to Lily (03.30.2007) ♥ Mommy to Navy (02.05.2011) ♥

Monday, August 23, 2010

Spaghetti with Almost Homemade Sauce

I was going to make chicken, Lily wanted "uhpuhscetti". Rather than fight it, I just made "uhpuhscetti".

Simple meal, with a twist to use some things from our garden and make it a complete, well-rounded meal.



1/2 box of spaghetti, boiled, all that fun stuff.
1/2 jar of Ragu
1/2 pound of ground beef, browned & drained
4-5 grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
1 sweet banana pepper, sliced
1 handful of shredded cheese (I used Colby/Monterey)
Parm Cheese

I got the beef from Two Thumbs Ranch. It was weird because there was no need to drain. There is pretty much zero fat.

Tomatoes and the pepper came from our garden. The tomatoes added a sweet freshness to the jarred sauce. The meat made it a much heartier meal. Cheese is just good in pretty much anything.

After the spaghetti was plated with sauce on top, I sprinkled the top with some shredded parm cheese. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment