About Me

My photo
My superhero powers include making adorable, little people and savings lots of money at the grocery store. ♥ Mommy to Lily (03.30.2007) ♥ Mommy to Navy (02.05.2011) ♥

Thursday, August 19, 2010

String Bean

My Dad's house had been mostly white or off-white for the majority of my life. He went with a biege color in his room a couple years ago, and the trim in Lily's room is purple and pink. Yet, most of the walls lack color.

When I bought my house in November 2009, I really wanted to paint every room a different color. My sister had done it and I loved it, so I wanted to do it, too.

Lily's room is pink. The toy room (soon-to-be nursery) is yellow. The living room in a light brown. I'm still struggling on what color I want to paint mine.

I've been thinking about painting the upstairs hall for a while. I picked out the palest shade of green that I could find and still be considered a color other than white or off-white.

After getting to the store to pick out the paint, I decided to go darker. Much darker. The color is called "String Bean" and it is very green.



I looked at light fixtures, but there are so many and they require knowing at least the basics about electrical. Even though I know some things, I'm not going to chance doing any of it while I'm pregnant. Maybe I can get my Dad (or ab-fab BIL) to do the dangerous stuff.


Light fixture, circa 1967.


I'm hoping that with a couple of additions, like bright pictures of flowers and maybe a vase of Gerbera daisies (my fave flower), that the hall will look more complete and less like I've walking a pasture in "What Dreams May Come."

No comments:

Post a Comment