About Me

My photo
My superhero powers include making adorable, little people and savings lots of money at the grocery store. ♥ Mommy to Lily (03.30.2007) ♥ Mommy to Navy (02.05.2011) ♥

Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas



Yes, yes, I know that Christmas was 2 days ago, but things are just now starting to settle down a wee bit before we have yet another holiday that makes our schedule chaos for a couple of days.

On Christmas Eve, we opened presents with my Dad. We always get him a gift card to his favorite restaurant because he says that he really doesn't need anything. Well, that's something that he can always use!!

He got us an antenna. I know that doesn't mean much to anyone else, but I've been putting off getting one since I turned our cable off. Now that I didn't want one or we didn't need one, I just didn't want an ugly one. This one is nice looking. It's got a |0| type design and is small enough to fit behind the TV.

Christmas morning was fun! I was up an hour earlier than Lily. Pregnancy insomnia and excitement. She got up and the crazy present opening started. She got the scooter that she asked Santa for and has been riding it in the dining room.

Even though we had decided to stay home, I still wanted a traditional Christmas dinner. While Lily played with her new toys, I started the ham (the smallest one I could find was a little over 6 pounds). Then, on to mixing up the side dishes: green bean casserole, stuffing, parmesan garlic mashed potatoes, and yams. We also had a small salad (that Lily refers to as "seaweed salad") and fresh crescent rolls (which Lily loved).

Yesterday, we did a bit of shopping. Scored a headed massaging chair pad, gingerbread house pan, Christmas Play-Doh and an ornament.

Today, easing back into our normal routine and trying to make the house resemble the less cluttered/trashed mess that it was before the holidays.

Tomorrow, back to real life...

No comments:

Post a Comment