About Me

My photo
My superhero powers include making adorable, little people and savings lots of money at the grocery store. ♥ Mommy to Lily (03.30.2007) ♥ Mommy to Navy (02.05.2011) ♥

Monday, September 26, 2011

What a crazy, busy day!



Lily had her pre-surgery lab work today. I thought she'd be brave, but it scared her. They have someone assist with holding her arm. She didn't even flinch and just watched the vile fill up. Her bravery was rewarded with a sticker.

Lily's appointment was first.

Her sleeping is worse, and she's waking up in the middle of the night, every night. We've had 3 really bad days, but if you look at how she's slept and napped, it makes sense. With Lily's surgery coming up, we just tweaked one thing in her current treatment plan. No major changes until after surgery and a repeat sleep study. Just her 2 refills were over $1000 at the pharmacy. Thankful for good insurance. I only had $25 out-of-pocket.

Navy's appointment was next.

He's 17 pounds, 9 ounces. I didn't get his length. The doctor looked at his rash, coupled with Dave's occasional skin issues. We came home with 5 prescriptions. One cream from his face, one cream for his body, an antibiotic to prevent infection, an anti-histamine to help with itching at night, and another anti-histamine to help with itching during the day.

Lily's surgery is coming up later this week, and both kids go back in a month to follow-up. Navy's 9-month is also coming up!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Bless your heart. I will keep both your kiddos in my prayers. Good luck with Lily's surgery. I'm glad you're finding out what's causing the sleep issues, but I'm so sorry you have to endure a surgery. I hope it's quick and has an easy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!! It's a little scary, but we really feel that it's the best thing for Lily in the long-run. If all goes right, it will improve her quality of sleep, which should improve her behavior. :c)

    ReplyDelete