About Me

My photo
My superhero powers include making adorable, little people and savings lots of money at the grocery store. ♥ Mommy to Lily (03.30.2007) ♥ Mommy to Navy (02.05.2011) ♥

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Lesson in Being Grateful



Walmart recently had an event for Dora the Explorer's 10th birthday. Nothing extravagant. Just free cupcakes and a coupon to print off a photo with a Dora frame. I thought it'd be a fun event to take Lily to. She enhjoyed it and was very good through the whole store, patiently waiting until it was time.

When we got home, I read the comments from other parents about the event and was sad to see how greedy and selfish people were. The event pages, both on Facebook and Walmart's site, clearly stated that there would only be cupcakes and a photocard, only at Walmart Supercenters with a bakery.

So many parents were complaining that more wasn't done. That they'd expected Dora to be there and were disappointed when she wasn't. The page on Walmart makes it clear that there will be a special birthday doll for sale, as well as the "Dora's Big Birthday Adventure" DVD.

This has led me to think of the things that I'm grateful for...

1.) The person who left the Bounce Dryer Car coupon in the laundry aisle. I've been out for a couple of weeks and have been putting it off because they're pricey and I haven't had a coupon. Thank you for the coupon for $1.50 off. I really appreciated it!

2.) Walmart for having a fun, free event that my 3-year-old really looked forward to all week. She was so well behaved when we were in the store and so excited when her picture with the Dora birthday border printed.

3.) NIFL for not charging me a late fee, even though my bill was a month late. Sorry, I completely forgot to pay that. A check will be on the way on Monday. Thanks for not shutting the gas off, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment